- This event has passed.
Oxford Poetry Prize 2022: Deadline to Submit
August 31, 2022£7
Oxford Poetry is pleased to present the inaugural Oxford Poetry Prize, awarded for a single poem in the English language. This year’s guest judge is Emily Berry.
The winner of the prize receives £700, the runner-up £200, and the third-place winner £100. All of the winning poets will be offered publication in Oxford Poetry. The competition closes at midnight gmt on Wednesday, 31 August 2022.
How to Submit
1. Entries should consist of one poem per uploaded file. The only acceptable file format is pdf.
2. Entries are accepted through Submittable only.
3. Entrants have the option of submitting more than one poem as part of their submission (in separate files, as above). Each poem costs £7.
4. There is no limit on the number of poems an individual can submit.
5. Each poem must comprise no more than 50 lines. Blank lines, titles, subtitles, dedications, and epigraphs are not counted as lines.
6. All submissions are read blind. Therefore, please do not include your name or any identifying information in the documents you upload (on the poem pages or in the file name). You should include this information only in the Title or Cover Letter field of the Submittable form.
7. The Competition is open to writers living anywhere in the world.
8. The poems submitted must be the entrant’s own original work and not have been previously published elsewhere, in print or online.
9. Twenty free entries are available to low-income writers. Email to enquire about free entry.