1. my body is a stray bullet. i was made from crossfire. love was her last resort. his mouth, a revolver. I come from four hundred no man’s lands.
2. “smell my armpit again/ i miss it when you do that.”
3. his moaning is an honour song i want to world to.
4. one of the conditions of native life today is survivor’s guilt.
5. it is july 2016 and the creator opens up the sky to attend a #blacklivesmatter protest. there, she bumps into weesageechak and warns him that if policemen don’t stop killing black men she will flood america and it will become a lost country only grieving mothers will know how to find. this, she says, is how the world will end and be rebuilt this time.
6. haunting is a gender. gender is another word for horror story.
7. “i can hear him screaming for me, and i can hear him saying, ‘stop, honey help me.’”
8. i am trying to figure out how to be in the world without wanting it. this, perhaps, is what it means to be native.
2: from Lilting (2014, dir. Hong Khaou).
7: see :h ttp//www.cbc.ca/news/canada/Calgary/rcmp-gleichen-christian-duck-chief-excessive-force-1.3521620
Copyright © 2018